Welcome to the Kansas Water Use Reporting System

Annual water use can be reported online for free to comply with the water use reporting requirements of the Kansas Water Appropriation Act. Owners of water rights in Kansas must report the previous years' use for all beneficial uses, except domestic use, by March 1 of each year. Filing a complete and accurate report will help protect your water right.

Failure to file a water use report by March 1, or filing an incomplete report, subjects the owner(s) to a civil penalty of $250 per file number. Failure to file a water use report by June 1 subjects the owner(s) to a civil penalty of $1,000 per file number and could result in a suspension of all water use until the report has been submitted. See K.S.A. 82a-732.

If you have a problem using the system, or you are a new owner and you don't have your ending meter reading from last year, please call the Division of Water Resources at 785-564-6638 or call your local field office at the numbers below.

To report a change in water use correspondent, ownership, or mailing address, please login with the PIN and Person ID sent to you and follow the onscreen instructions.

For general questions, contact your local field office :
Topeka: 785-296-5733   Garden City: 620-276-2901   Stockton: 785-425-6787   Stafford: 620-234-5311

Please note it is not recommended to use this reporting system on a smartphone or tablet.

PIN : Person ID :
Is my report late?
Login Help

Contact us : 785-564-6638